
The Film - Pygmalion
Last Thursday, I have watched the film- "Pygmalion". I enjoy watching the show because it helps me to comprehend the play better. Unfortunately, when I was watching the movie with my course mate, the sound effect of the movie was bad. The actors' voice are not clear at all. I think this is due to the reason that there is no speaker in the class. In this blog, I am going to comment about the film and my feelings' after watching the film. First of all, I feel that Eliza had played her role well. I enjoy watching her changes that she went through in her life. She becomes so charming when she has changed by Hinggins. Furthermore, Higgins is a good and dedicated teacher when he spends lots of time teaching Eliza how to speak.His commitment in teaching Eliza can be seen in the movie where he does not allow anybody to visit his house.Besides that, the movie is in black and white. This makes me feel the movie quite dull because there is no colour. I think the movie will be interesting if it is in colour. The characters that I like in the movie is Eliza. She is a hardworking person and she is willing to work hard to have a better living. In the movie, I can see her commitment in learning how to speak. She works very hard to change her life. Overall, the movie has clearly portray how Doolittle changes Eliza as in the play.
1 comments:
hi Kiang! i also like eliza's traits in this play.she is such a lovely women and i can see a lot commitment in herself in away to improve her life which i think it is really good. during that time,many women are not dare enough to make their own decision and lead their own way of life. they just stayed at home with their family, follow what ever decision made by their husband, and they not even had a chance to voice out their opinion.but then, it does not happen to eliza.there's a lot of confidence in herself and she is really eager to improve her life.she puts lots of effort just to know how to speak perfectly.she believes it will help her to moves to a higher class society.
Post a Comment